In this week’s Wednesday Recap, J.R. summarizes the three BIG nuggets of wisdom from his interview with decorated 25-year U.S. Army vet and Army Ranger turned executive coach and author, Dr. Anthony Randall. So if you want the cliffs notes version of Monday’s episode, make sure to check out this week’s Recap!
[00:01 – 21:35] Anthony’s BIG Three
- #1: How to tap into your calling
- Key question to ask yourself after you say, “I was called to_____”: What’s behind that?
- When the tangible things get stripped away, what you’re left with is your calling.
- Realize that the only thing that changes is the environment you’re in. Your calling doesn’t change.
- #2: How to transition better between your professional and personal roles in life
- There’s no such thing as work-life balance. Instead, there’s healthy boundaries.
- Run everything by your spouse.
- You have to write down and be real with yourself on what are your needs versus your wants.
- Must have a process for letting go of bad performances before coming home.
- #3: How to thrive under stress
- Practice whatever you need to practice under healthy stress (NOTE: go check out J.R.’s episode with Dr. Patrick Bisher if you want to learn more about putting yourself under healthy stress).
- Gains happen in the plateaus. Take it one step at a time.
- Stop listening to whomever is telling you to grow in every area of your life at once. Focus on one area of growth at a time.
[21:36 – 23:58] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Anthony to get his bonus tips and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“The mistake too many people make: they’re always looking for the gains…the big jump… Gains happen in the plateaus.” – Dr. Anthony Randall
CONNECT WITH ANTHONY
- LinkedIn: in/anthonyvanguardxxi/
- Website: www.vanguardxxi.com & www.anthonyrandall.org
- Grab Anthony’s Book, “Practice Makes Permanent” on Amazon
- Anthony’s Book Recommendations:
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!