How awesome does it feel when you give someone a gift and they light up like a Christmas tree? It’s a great feeling, isn’t it?
What I’ve found on my journey and walking alongside other successful people, is that when we look at our unique gifts solely as the medium to income and success…that’s when the door to frustration, overwhelm, and burnout opens wide.
You don’t buy someone a gift and then give it to yourself, do you? That would be weird. But the reality is, we’re doing exactly that when we’re focusing on what our God-given gifts and talents can do for us, not for others.
In today’s episode of Coming Up Clutch™️ with J.R., I summarize the Top 3 nuggets from Monday’s interview with entrepreneur and Nashville-based singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, Willie Shaw. We talked about fulfillment and how it comes more often when we’re using our gifts to bless others.
Lock in to get the summary of my interview with Willie.
[00:01 – 05:42] Willie’s BIG Three
- #1: How to experience more love, grace, and open-mindedness when your plans seem to be conflicting with God’s
- #2: The surprising quality of mastery
- #3: Willie’s caution about mentors
[05:43 – 07:28] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Willie to get more of his wisdom and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“You can’t be satisfied until you realize your gifts are not for you.” – Willie Shaw
CONNECT WITH WILLIE
- Twitter: @willieshawmusic
- Instagram: @willieshawmusic
- Facebook: @willieshawmusic
- YouTube: @willieshawmusic
- TikTok: @willieshawmusic
- Roots Album
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.