In this week’s Wednesday Recap, J.R. summarizes the three BIG nuggets of wisdom from his interview with 5-Year MLB Vet, National Champion, LSU All-American, and philanthropist, Mikie Mahtook. So if you want the cliff notes version of Monday’s episode, make sure to check out this week’s recap!
[00:01 – 06:41] Mikie’s BIG Three
- #1: When you’re in a slump in whatever you do, realize that there’s so much more to your life than what you do for a living. Then, take a step back and ask yourself three questions:
- What’s going on?
- Is this the worst thing I’ve been through?
- How do I get past this?
- #2: Manage distractions coming from family and friends through effective communication such as:
- Let them know what’s going on with you
- Let them know how you feel, especially when what they’re doing or saying is a distraction
- #3: Start living in the future of your money
- Live below your means and SAVE
- Make sure your spending is aligned with where you want to go
- Use the discipline needed to excel in your profession
[06:42 – 08:20] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Mikie to get ALL his nuggets
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“You’re not supposed to know ALL the answers for every area in your life. That’s why help exists.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH MIKIE
- Instagram: @mikiemahtook8
- Twitter: @MikieMahtook8
- Mikie’s Mik’d Up Show on YouTube
- Mikie Mahtook Foundation
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!