“But focusing on myself is selfish, J.R.”
I hear that a LOT.
Then I’m forced to bust out the overused airplane oxygen mask analogy. You know…
If you’re sitting next to someone less able than you, make sure to put YOUR mask on FIRST *BEFORE* you assist the person next to you.
I wonder why that is?
If you can’t invest in YOU, how the hell you going to invest in others?
In today’s episode of Coming Up Clutch with J.R.™️, I summarize the Top 3 nuggets from Monday’s interview with ultra-successful entrepreneur, publisher, author, and speaker, Julio Melara.
We lean into this “invest in yourself” topic head-on.
The man has been through the lowest of lows and the highest of highs in sports, business, and LIFE. …and he didn’t hold back his wisdom during our conversation.
If you want some practical tips to make investing in yourself easier, check out today’s episode to get the cliffs notes version of my interview with Julio.
[00:01 – 10:56] Julio’s BIG Three
- #1: How To Harness The Power Of Focus And Limit Distractions
- #2: The Four Disciplines Julio Employs To Manage Pressure
- #3: How To Stay On Top Of Your Money With So Much Going On Around You
[10:57 – 13:50] Wrapping up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Julio to get more of his wisdom and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“The best investment you’ll ever make is in yourself.” – Julio Melara
CONNECT WITH JULIO
- Instagram: @juliomelara
- Facebook: @julio.melara.9
- Twitter: @julio_melara
- LinkedIn: in/juliomelara
- Website: https://www.juliomelara.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!