When things are going great, what are you doing to get better?
Did I just ask you a trick question?
When I sense that someone is all bark and no bite, it really makes them feel uncomfortable when I ask them that question.
“But, I’m good, J.R. Things are going well right now.”
You catch that?
The inevitable storm is coming. Problem is, by the time these cats are ready to prepare for it, it’s too late.
Here’s something I’ve observed for over the past 28 years…
The most successful people I’ve been around in life…from me caddying for them back in my teens and early 20s to today as their trusted strategist…
They’re MORE determined to get better when things are going great…
Because they want to pounce on their opportunity to separate themselves from the pack.
The ones that want to just FEEL good about themselves and their current status, well…
They’re the ones that weed themselves out of the highest levels in sports and business…and life for that matter.
Don’t be that guy (or gal!).
In today’s episode of Coming Up Clutch™️, I summarize the Top 3 nuggets from Monday’s interview with mindset expert and 2016 World Series Champion, Joshua Lifrak.
If you want to learn how to keep getting better and separate yourself from the pack whether it’s going good or bad, then lock in to the cliffs notes version of my interview with Josh.
[00:01 – 13:03] Joshua’s BIG Three
- #1: The shift the Chicago Cubs players made that led to them winning the 2016 World Series
- #2: What continues to give the highest level athletes and executes a competitive edge
- #3: Why going straight from negative thinking to positive thinking is NOT the answer
[13:04 – 15:20] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Joshua to get more of his wisdom and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“You don’t have to be sick to get better.” – Joshua Lifrak
CONNECT WITH JOSHUA
- Linkedin: /in/joshualifrak
- Instagram: @joshualifrak
- Twitter: @lifrakattack
- Website: thinkbig-gofar.com
- Club Limitless App: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/club-limitless/id1605360458
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!