In this week’s Wednesday Recap, J.R. summarizes the three BIG nuggets of wisdom from his interview with MMA, self-defense, and close-quarters combat expert, Jonathan Burke. So if you want the cliffs notes version of Monday’s episode, make sure to check out this week’s Recap!
[00:01 – 07:32] Jon’s BIG Three
- #1: How to overcome a self-restricting mindset
- Get a positive performance phrase
- Put faith in yourself and the skills you’ve acquired
- Make your “What if?” thoughts positive
- #2: The strategy to take into a pressure-packed situation
- Surrender. Allow. Accept
- If you’re pursuing big goals, there will always be pressure
- Allow what’s going to happen, happen. Just flow with it. If you try to control every outcome…it’s never going to work.
- #3: The mindset to take into highly emotional, highly-charged situations
- #1 – look past the tip of your nose (i.e. the present moment)
- #2 – play the game of chess (i.e. play the outcome WAY past the first move)
- #3 – Ask: What’s going on in ______ (other person)’s mind?
[07:33 – 10:17] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Jon to get his bonus tips for parents about keeping your kids and family safer
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“Allow what’s going to happen, happen. Just flow with it. If you try to control every outcome, it’s never going to work.” – Jonathan Burke
CONNECT WITH JON
- Instagram: @nextlevelcombatives & @6levels
- Facebook: @nextlevelcombatives & @6levels
- Website: https://www.nextlevelcombatives.com/ & https://www.6levelsorlando.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!