This is a post for both the men and the ladies.
You’re not soft if you need to get emotional. You’re STRONG.
Don’t buy into the narrative that men have to always have the gameface on. Your ultimate growth and success is tied to your willingness to be vulnerable, ESPECIALLY with the people you love and care about.
Real talk, I’ve learned more about myself (and others!) after crying than I have after laughing.
Encourage the men in your life to show their emotions. Bottling them up helps no one. In fact, it makes matters worse.
The quicker the men in your life learn how to lean into their emotions…
The quicker they’re able to communicate their emotions confidently and under control…
The more everyone benefits.
In today’s episode of Coming Up Clutch™️, I summarize the Top 3 nuggets from Monday’s interview with Super Bowl Champion and former 10-year NFL veteran turned global keynote speaker, author, and entrepreneur, Fred Stokes.
Fred got real about getting emotional and how life-saving having another person to share all parts of his life with was.
Lock in to get the summary of my interview with Fred.
[00:01 – 11:21] Fred’s BIG Three
- #1: The one thing Fred would change if he had to do his NFL career all over again
- #2: How to maintain faith and resist temptations in compromising environments and situations
- #3: Fred’s advice for those times when you don’t believe the affirmations you’re telling yourself
[11:22 – 14:23] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Fred to get more of his wisdom and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“Real men get emotional.” – Fred Stokes
CONNECT WITH FRED
- Instagram (Lint Brother): @lintbrother
- Instagram (Fred): @bigplaystokes
- LinkedIn: /in/fredstokes
- Twitter: @FredStokesFoods
- Facebook: @fredstokes.foods
- Website: https://www.lintbrother.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!