In this week’s Wednesday Recap, J.R. summarizes the three BIG nuggets of wisdom from his interview with Dr. Patrick Bisher – a former Navy SEAL, mental toughness consultant, and founder of the GRIT Academy. So if you want the cliffs notes version of Monday’s episode, make sure to check out this week’s Recap!
[00:01 – 09:36] Dr. Patrick’s BIG Three
- #1: How to Overcome and Protect Yourself From Falling Into the Label Trap
- Apply the GRIT method
- Growth – In order to have growth, you cannot fear failure. Embrace it.
- Resilience – Resilience = response over reaction. As soon as you start going down the label trap, STOP! Then think about what you’re about to do. Adopt the “I may be broken, but you’re not going to break me.
- Integrity of Self – Stay humble. If you try to go about it with your ego and without humility, you will be humiliated.
- Time – Question to ponder: What have you done BEFORE the label was created?
- Apply the GRIT method
- #2: How Navy Seals handle pressure
- Ask yourself if the pressure is a matter of life or death.
- Don’t ever rise to the level of the occasion. Instead, fall back to the level of your training.
- Put yourself in that pressure scenario for practice or visualize yourself going through it.
- #3: The Approach to Leadership That More Leaders Need to Lock Into
- Servant Leadership – never ask anybody to do anything you either haven’t done yourself or aren’t willing to do yourself.
[09:37 – 11:29] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen the full interview with Dr. Patrick to get his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“You only fail if you stop trying.” – Dr. Patrick Bisher
CONNECT OUT THESE RESOURCES FROM DR. PATRICK
CONNECT WITH DR. PATRICK
- LinkedIn: @patrickbisher
- Facebook: @patrickbisher
- Instagram: @patrickbisher
- Twitter: @PatrickBisher
- Website: https://patrickbisher.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!