How many times have you heard the advice, “Just talk yourself out of it” or “Just talk yourself into it”?
“It” be that bad decision or BIG move you know you need to make.
I stopped counting because I’ve heard that advice from well-meaning people my entire life and…
That strategy – it just doesn’t work that well (if at all).
In today’s episode of Coming Up Clutch™️, I summarize the Top 3 nuggets from Monday’s interview with neuroscience and neurofeedback expert, Dr. Doug Cowan.
We talked about strategies that WORK when it comes to managing our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions.
If you want some practical insight on how to NOT fall into the common traps that derail relationships, performances, and decisions, listen in to get the cliffs notes version of my interview with Dr. Doug.
[00:01 – 14:02] Dr. Doug’s BIG Three
- #1: How relationships affect your performance and what you can do when things are off
- #2: What to do when anxiety seems to take over during key moments
- #3: What happens to the brain when you show gratitude and why you should show more of it
[14:03 – 16:00] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with Dr. Doug to get more of his wisdom and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“Once emotions take over, you can’t talk yourself out of them. You need to use your body.” – Dr. Doug Cowan
CONNECT WITH DR. DOUG
- CalmWaves: https://calmwaves.com/
- Website: https://douglascowan.me/
- Linkedin: /in/dr-douglas-cowan/psy-d
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!