As an athlete, it was always a wake up call when you faced a superior opponent. If you were good enough, you’d hang. If you weren’t, you’d get exposed.
But when I got exposed, it showed me everything I needed to know to get better for the next tough opponent.
That was the point – play tough competition, put yourself out there…so you can see what you got, ESPECIALLY when the stakes were high.
How often are you putting your skills to the test?
I wish someone asked me that early on in my professional career…when I had to trade in the spikes for the suit. It was too easy to play it safe.
What I didn’t realize is in regards to my skills, SAFE means STAGNANT.
In today’s episode of Coming Up Clutch™️, I summarize the Top 3 nuggets from Monday’s interview with former 10-year MLB veteran, entrepreneur, and radio personality, David Aardsma.
David got very real about the ups and downs on-and-off the field and what changes he needed to make after his skills and roles were exposed.
Lock in to get the summary of my interview with David.
[00:01 – 10:38] David’s BIG Three
- #1: David’s ultimate clutch moment and what his mentality was pitching against the best players in Major League Baseball
- #2: The key lessons David learned after experiencing both great success and failure at the highest level of baseball
- #3: What David did when he realized he didn’t have his priorities straight between his family and career
[10:39 – 12:37] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen to the full interview with David to get more of his wisdom and hear his BIG DOMINO
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“No matter how successful you are, don’t forget where you came from and what you set out to achieve.” – David Aardsma
CONNECT WITH DAVID
- Instagram: @theda53 | @topvelocitypro
- Twitter: @TheDA53
- Linkedin: /in/davidaardsma
- Website: http://topvelocitypro.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!