In this week’s Wednesday Recap, J.R. summarizes the three BIG nuggets of wisdom from his interview with 5-Year Major League Baseball veteran, World Series Hero, and Baseball is Fun Founder, Brett Phillips. So if you want the cliffs notes version of Monday’s episode, make sure to check out this week’s Recap!
[00:01 – 08:07] Brett’s BIG Three
- #1: How to Stay True to Your Values When Everything Else Around You Is Changing
- Have an unrelenting belief that things are going to work out.
- Brett’s strategy – consider yourself second. He trains like he’s the best, but always has the perspective that there’s someone else ahead of him.
- Place more weight on who you are, not on what you do
- #2: What to Do When You’re Not Getting the Opportunities You Think You Deserve
- Trust yourself and have an unrelenting belief that it’s going to work out
- Ask yourself: What can I do that will help me get closer to what I’m believing for?
- #3: What Brett did to stay calm and in control before getting in the batter’s box in Game 4 of the 2020 World Series
- Breathing routine
- Had a plan
[08:08 – 09:15] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen the full interview with Brett to get the BIG nugget he dropped at the end
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“Think, act, and believe from the position that’s ahead of you, not where you’re at today.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH BRETT
- Instagram: @brett_phillips8
- Twitter: @Brett_Phillips8
- Baseball is Fun Website: https://baseballisfun35.com
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!