In this week’s Wednesday Recap, J.R. summarizes the three BIG nuggets of wisdom from his interview with relationship therapist and award-winning business owner turned personal growth and business coach, Amy Wine. So if you want the cliffs notes version of Monday’s episode, make sure to check out this week’s Recap!
[00:01 – 09:30] Amy’s BIG Three
- #1: Importance of communication and focusing on hearing what your partner is saying and not saying
- You have to want your relationship to work
- Take responsibility for your junk
- Stop playing the blame game
- Listen to your partner
- PRO TIP: write notes down during your conversations, especially heated ones
- #2: Stop dropping major bombs on your parter and instead do these:
- Communicate what you’re feeling
- Let them know your needs
- #3: What to do when your partner has an identity crisis
- Let them know that you’re ok with who they are
- Take interest and show your support
- Amy’s BIG DOMINO: Don’t be afraid to reach out for help
[09:31 – 11:10] Wrapping Up!
- Make sure to listen the full interview with Amy to get her BONUS nuggets
- Take action…
- Pick ONE of the three nuggets to work on
“Asking for help will help your relationship grow. Humility is a positive thing in any relationship.” – J.R.
CHECK OUT AMY’S COURSE
CONNECT WITH AMY
- Podcast: Couch Time with Amy Wine (The first 56 episodes are about marriage!)
- Instagram: @amywineco
- Twitter: @amywineco
- Facebook: @amywineco
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/amywine
- Website: https://amywine.com
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!