“I don’t know who to trust these days.”
How many times have you caught yourself saying that? (Be honest, it’s 2023…you’ve been burned at some point in your life.)
But how do you move on? How do you recover? How do you build more relationships in life, sports, business…wherever…knowing you’ve had your trust broken?
This is something I’ve struggled with…I’m a trusting person. I give people the benefit of the doubt (sometimes to a fault). That’s why I wanted to interview TEDx speaker and leadership expert, Rob Kalwarowsky. As a former Canadian National Team athlete who struggled with acceptance from his father, Rob understands the impact of toxic leadership and trust being broken. Together, we explore the importance of self-care and self-awareness in overcoming the negative impacts of toxic leadership and your trust being broken.
Toxic leadership and relationships impact us in all areas of life. Rob shares his journey from depression to a TED Talk, showcasing the importance and benefits of mindset and deep work. We also unpack subconscious programming and how it influences our decision-making process.
Additionally, we explore the significance of seeking professional help during difficult times. Rob emphasizes the power of asking for help when overcoming toxic situations and shares insights on how to identify toxic relationships. If you want to protect yourself from toxic people and better trust the RIGHT people, then lock in to today’s episode!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The impacts of toxic leadership
- What to do when you’re buried in thoughts telling you to stay in the Comfort Zone.
- Advice if you’re the type of person who says, “I don’t know who to trust these days.”
- Importance of personal growth, self-work, and the necessity of professional help when struggling with oppressive situations or toxic leadership.
- The role of mindset in personal and professional success.
- Exploration of subconscious programming and its influence on decision-making processes.
- How to recognize toxic relationships and the importance of seeking help when needed.
- How to take control of your environment, make conscious decisions, and break free from toxic environments.
- “You can do anything in a short period of time.” – Rob Kalwarowsky
- “You need to become the leader of you.” – Rob Kalwarowsky
- “As you grow, you need to uplevel the people around you.” – Rob Kalwarowsky
- “Don’t fight the fear. Give love and compassion to it.” – Rob Kalwarowsky
CONNECT WITH ROB
- Website: https://www.howtodealboss.com/ | https://www.elitehighperformance.com/
- $50 OFF How to Deal with an A**hole Boss Program (use promo code: CLUTCH): click here
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-kalwarowsky/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bosscoachrobk/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@bosscoachrobk
- On-Demand program: https://www.howtodealboss.com/howtodealwithanassholeboss
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.