Join us for a very real conversation with Mike Pinto, culture and team-building expert and former COO and Field Manager of the Southern Illinois Miners. Listen in as Mike shares his experiences of building the Miners from the ground up into one of the winningest and most respected organizations in professional baseball. Mike shares both his wisdom on maintaining focus and relationships while juggling multiple responsibilities and his secret sauce behind winning teams and cultures.
During our conversation, Mike unpacks his innovative process of “what else thinking” that’s helped him consistently generate new ideas and kept his teams at the top. Listen closely as he discusses the balance between innovation and distraction and how his ultimate goal of fostering a great culture guided his decision-making.
Mike talks about the importance of making the most of opportunities and encourages you to cheat life as long as you can. He shares his philosophy of “Stage Five Players,” urging you to be present, work on improving your skills, and not get too preoccupied with things beyond your control. Tune in to hear Mike’s inspiring journey and take away lessons that you can apply to your life right now.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Mike managed his focus and relationships while in BOTH a COO and Baseball Team Manager role
- Mike’s secret sauce behind building winning teams and cultures for decades
- Mike’s five stages of the Independent Baseball career that applies to life and business
- “Cheat life as long as you can.”
- “Be where your feet are.”
- “Act like you’re going to be reviewed on Yelp every day. How many five stars are you getting?”
- “It’s not about who you know. It’s about who knows you.”
CONNECT WITH MIKE
- Instagram: @mikepinto3
- Linkedin: /in/mikepinto
- Twitter: @mikepinto3
- Mike’s Band: San Antonio Transit
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.