How well do you handle uncertainty?
If you’re anything like me, fear of the unknown shows up at my door more often than I want.
For some reason, this type of fear doesn’t pay attention to my DO NOT DISTURB sign. 🤣
I feel like with each new level of growth, I’m faced with a whole new level of uncertainty and risk.
So I decided to lean into this topic with 2x NFL Pro Bowler and 7-Year NFL veteran, Mike Karney.
This former New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams fullback has an amazing perspective when it comes to facing the unknown.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How to KEEP GOING when you’re unsure about what’s ahead
- Mike’s key to managing pressure in sports, business, and life
- The keys to setting boundaries between your career and personal life
…and so much more.
If you want to better protect yourself from distractions and be able to consistently look your unknowns and pressures in the eye, don’t miss out on today’s conversation.
Time to learn from a pro’s pro.
[00:03 – 16:00] Introducing Mike to the Show
- Mike’s most embarrassing moment
[16:01 – 32:45] Facing the Unknown
- Don’t just talk about it, be about it!
- Remember what got you here
- ALWAYS stick to who you are
- How to KEEP GOING when things get tough
- Embrace the fact that you’re going to fail, but don’t accept failure
[32:46 – 45:14] How Mike Handled Pressure of Life and Sports in the NFL
- Fall back on your work ethic
- No need to reinvent the wheel
- Keep things in perspective, begin with the end in mind
- Have a schedule and prioritize EVERYTHING.
- DO NOT have to be ON all the time
[45:15 – 49:20] Wrapping up!
- Mike’s BIG domino
- How to connect with Mike
“Get up and keep going.’” – Mike Karney
“Be vulnerable knowing it’s not always going to be perfect.” – Mike Karney
“Show up with WHO you are and WHAT you believe.” – Mike Karney
“Don’t accept failure. Embrace it.” – Mike Karney
CONNECT WITH MIKE
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!