Join us as we go behind the scenes with Joey Feste, owner and Senior Managing Partner of KM Capital Management. Joey has been guiding some of the top NFL players for over 36 years. Despite the early challenges he faced navigating the financial and sports industries, Joey’s business thrived because of his trustworthiness and high level of expertise. Get an inside look at how Joey assists some of the most successful families in sports.
Listen in as Joey shares how he overcame attacks of his reputation and how his strong faith helped him persevere. Joey also offers his insight on how to rely on truth, rather than assumptions and judgments.
Finally, we’ll explore the parallels between everyday people and superstar athletes, especially in terms of their struggles. Joey shares his unique approach to assisting his clients, emphasizing the crucial role of a loving and supportive support system in navigating difficult times. Tune in to gain valuable insights from Joey’s vast experience and expertise.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Joey has built a thriving business in the financial industry with a referral network, and how he manages the financial affairs of the NFL’s top players.
- Joey’s experiences of reputation attacks in the competitive sports industry and the role of his faith in navigating through these trials.
- Joey’s insight on handling public scrutiny.
- The similar challenges Joey noticed between those he served in his church and his superstar athlete clients
- The role of feedback in athlete development and the importance of having a supportive community for growth.
- Why Joey described himself as a “recovering control freak”
- The common, yet preventable mistake around money
- “Asking for feedback accelerates change.” – Joey Feste
- “Your relationships are key to managing and protecting your money.” – Joey Feste
- “It’s OK not to be OK.” – Joey Feste
- “Spending becomes a habit just like everything else.” – Joey Feste
- “Don’t just put people in your life that will give you feedback. Put people in your life that you can ask for feedback.” – Joey Feste
CONNECT WITH JOEY
- Linkedin: /in/joeyfeste
- Instagram: @daddyfeste
- Website (personal): https://joeyfeste.com/
- Website (KM Capital Management): http://www.kmcapitalmgt.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.