Today, we’re going to talk about what to do in those moments where you feel under attack by the people closest to you. When I say under attack, I’m talking about those moments when something was said to you that triggered negative emotions, or when someone called you out on something you didn’t like being called out on. This topic means a lot to me because, if I’m being honest, the passionate half-Italian athlete in me has failed SO many times in these moments. But, I’ve learned a ton from them and want to share a strategy that’s going to help you stay strong in those moments instead of falling apart.
Lock in to find out how to turn challenging moments into powerful, win-win opportunities.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How acknowledging and owning your feelings can be a powerful tool for personal growth and emotional maturity
- How to prevent yourself from bottling up your feelings
- A four step method for transitioning from being emotionally triggered to responding objectively
- Analysis of the common tendency to view loved ones as liabilities instead of assets, with strategies to shift this perspective
“Ignoring your feelings is the fuel for falling apart.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.