How much do one-way relationships suck?
You know…those people in your life that seem to always want something from you, but when YOU need something, they’re M.I.A.
Talk about an ENERGY SUCK.
Us high-achievers need all the energy we can get when it comes to being at our best.
On today’s episode of the Coming Up Clutch with J.R.™ show, entrepreneur, innovator, and the Founder and CEO of Alumni Direct, Rob Finklestein, shares his wisdom about how to build mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships.
In this latest episode, Rob and I talk about how…
- To build meaningful two-way relationships and partnerships
- Rob recommends we continue to tap into our human need for social connection
- To get over the fear of transitioning out of something you don’t want to do anymore
…and so much more.
If you want to build relationships that matter, then lock in to today’s episode.
[00:01 – 11:34] Introducing Rob to the show
- Rob’s most embarrassing moment
- Rob’s background, story, and professional journey
[11:35 – 15:15] What to do when you know you need to make a move, but are afraid to make it
- Be happy
- Tap into the skill set that made you successful and excel as an athlete
- Be open to leverage mentors and people who have a lot more experience
[15:16 – 21:11] How to build meaningful two-way relationships and partnerships
- Find people with like interests
- Shift your mindset to: how can I help you? Then, be a good listener.
- If someone keeps talking about themselves, it’s a red flag
[21:12 – 27:26] How Rob recommends we continue to tap into our human need for social connection
- Be open to meeting new people
- Be genuine – be the real you
- Make it a game – challenge yourself to find something in common with other people
[27:35 – 36:54] How to get over the fear of transitioning out of something you don’t want to do anymore
- Take a more holistic approach – there’s more at play than just your career
- Tap into the people around you when you don’t know how to do something
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help (if you’re afraid to ask, put it back on them – ask them what they need help with…make it about them)
[36:55 – 44:36] Wrapping Up
- Rob’s BIG domino
- How to connect with Rob
“Challenge yourself to find something in common with other people.” – Rob Finkelstein
“Don’t be afraid to ask for help.” – Rob Finkelstein
“Be determined. Be persistent. Be willing to help others.” – Rob Finkelstein
CONNECT WITH ROB
- Linktree Resources: https://linktr.ee/alumnidirect
- Instagram: @alumnidirect
- Twitter: @AlumniDirectLLC
- Website: https://alumnidirect.com
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!