When everything is stripped away, what are you still called to do? That’s a BIG question to answer. In today’s episode, Dr. Anthony Randall, decorated 25-year U.S. Army vet and Army Ranger turned executive coach and author, helps you answer that and teaches you how to thrive under stress and prevent bad days from coming home with you.
Anthony is the founder of Vanguard XXI and specializes in confidential executive coaching, moral/ethical leadership, character development, emotional intelligence, and talent management.
He has taught and trained over 12,000 professionals, coaches, and athletes in the marketplace and in pro and collegiate sports. A retired Lieutenant Colonel, he served over 25 years in the U.S. Army as an army chaplain, army ranger and master parachutist with seven deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Egypt. He also served as a combat arms officer and supervisory chaplain serving in tactical, operational, and strategic conventional and elite special operations units.
And if that isn’t enough, Anthony’s a black belt in Japanese Jujitsu and Tae Kwon Do, a brown belt in Judo, and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
[00:01 – 16:00] Introducing Anthony to the Show
- Anthony’s most embarrassing moment as an adult
- Anthony’s journey in the military and how it molded him into the leader he is today
[16:01 – 26:25] How To Tap Into Your Calling
- Anthony’s definition of leadership
- Discovering your calling and purpose in life
[26:26 – 41:46] How To Prevent You Taking A Bad Day Home With You
- Finding ease with life transitions
- How Anthony’s mindset shifted with each deployment
- Anthony’s advice to people who find it difficult in transitioning to different roles in life
- Define your needs vs wants
- How to not bring a bad day at home
[41:47 – 51:21] How To Thrive Under Stress
- Establishing healthy boundaries to decompress
- How to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Put yourself under good pressure through daily practice
[50:49 – 54:10] Wrapping Up!
- Anthony’s BIG domino
- How to connect with Anthony
“Leadership is influence. You either positively influence people, negativity influence people, or you have no influence on people.” – Dr. Anthony Randall
“Your leadership doesn’t come from rank. It comes from your influence on who you are as a person of character, trusted professional, a decision-maker, and how you lead.” – Dr. Anthony Randall
“When you tap into your calling, you find your true drive and passion. ” – Dr. Anthony Randall
“You can either hire character to create a high performance culture, or you can go hire a bunch of characters and they’ll destroy your culture” – Dr. Anthony Randall
CONNECT WITH ANTHONY
- LinkedIn: in/anthonyvanguardxxi/
- Website: www.vanguardxxi.com & www.anthonyrandall.org
- Grab Anthony’s Book, “Practice Makes Permanent” on Amazon
- Anthony’s Book Recommendations:
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!