Research shows that over 85% of people suffer from self-doubt.
It’s real…especially when it comes to taking leaps of faith.
So how do you overcome it?
How do you know that the move you’re about to make is the right move?
I lean in to those questions and more with entrepreneur and Brand Builders Group personal brand expert, Casey Dowdell on today’s episode of the Coming Up Clutch with J.R.™ show.
In this latest episode, Casey and I talk about…
- How you know you’re moving in the direction God wants you to
- What’s getting in the way of understanding yourself and your calling
- How to perform at a high level and still come up clutch for your family
…and so much more.
If you want a solid gameplan to consistently kick doubt to the curb, then lock in to today’s episode.
[00:01 – 16:01] Introducing Casey to the show
- Casey’s most embarrassing moment
- Casey’s background, story and professional journey
[16:02 – 26:43] How you know you’re moving in the direction God wants you to move
- The more time you spend reading God’s word, talking about it, believing it, and applying it, the closer you get to God. The closer you are to God, the more clarity you have on where He wants you to go because essentially you’re getting used to what his direction looks and sounds like.
- God works in everybody differently
- When God is working, there’s an immense about of peace (if there’s NO peace, wait)
- A lot of the things we’re wondering about are already answered in God’s word
[26:44 – 36:38] What’s getting in the way of understanding yourself and your calling
- DOUBT – people doubt their abilities and calling
- If you’re not clear on who you’re called to serve…
- Find out who breaks your heart, then sit on it (chances are, that’s who you’re called to serve)
- Identify the biggest challenge that you’ve overcome (because you’re most powerfully positioned to serve the person you once were)
- Chances are, the thing that helped you get through that challenge is your uniqueness
- Then ask, “is this a strength that other people don’t have?”
- Being clear on your identity helps you interact with people on a daily basis…helps you identify where you can help and serve the person in front of you (e.g. at school, work, grocery store, etc.)
- There are LOADS of people who need you. They need a sturdy bridge with a new direction…how they cross that bridge is through your CLEAR COMMUNICATION (what you’re saying and what you’re going to do)
[36:39 – 39:42] How to perform at a high level and still come up clutch for your family
- Have to be honest with yourself:
- Am I doing my best?
- How do I get better at this? How do I optimize?
- Pray like Daniel (i.e. ask God for an increase in skill and understanding)
- Know each other’s strengths and weaknesses
[39:43 – 42:53] Wrapping Up
- Casey’s BIG domino
- How to connect with Casey
“Put yourself in the position where you need God everyday.” – Casey Dowdell
“A lot of the things we’re wondering about are already answered in God’s word.” – Casey Dowdell
“You’re most powerfully positioned to serve the person you once were.” – Casey Dowdell
“If you’re not clear on who you’re called to serve, find out who breaks your heart.” – Casey Dowdell
“Chances are, the thing that helped you get through your biggest challenge is your uniqueness.” – Casey Dowdell
CONNECT WITH CASEY
- Instagram: @classicamericandad
- Free Personal Brand Summit: https://influentialpersonalbrandsummit.com/casey/
- Book a Brand Strategy Call with Casey: https://freebrandcall.com/cd/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!