Listen in as I welcome Billie Jauss to the show! Billie is the author of Making Room and The Distraction Detox. She’s also a keynote speaker, host of The Family Room podcast, and has served as a mentor to Major League Baseball wives for over three decades. Billie shares insights from overcoming personal tragedy and from her vast experience in professional baseball inspiring others to live life to the fullest. During our conversation, Billie uncovers the emotional toxins of fear, unbelief, and shame, as well as shares her 5-Step plan on how to navigate the ups and downs of life with strength and courage.
Billie gets real and helps us explore what to do when you’re feeling discouraged and have allowed your thoughts to bully you. She also teaches us how to hear God’s voice amidst the craziness of life. Just wait until you hear Billie’s story of faith and obedience in the face of a family tragedy! It’s inspiring to say the least.
If you want to detox from all the distractions making your life and career more difficult, then lock in to today’s episode.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The impact that emotional toxins have on our faith and spiritual health.
- How to identify, evaluate, and terminate emotional toxins.
- 5-Step strategy to overcome negative thinking and toxic thought patterns.
- Practical advice on how to hear God’s voice amidst life’s chaos.
- Insight on how to build stronger relationships.
- “You’ll forget what’s possible with God if you’re caught up in the impossible.” – Billie Jauss
- “You can’t, but God can. Just take one step at a time.” – Billie Jauss
- “By giving in to your emotional toxins, you’re not stopping God…you’re stopping him from moving through you.” – Billie Jauss
- “Just because tragedy strikes doesn’t mean that God isn’t there.” – Billie Jauss
- “When we have our heads filled with our own inner voice, we’re not able to hear God’s.” – Billie Jauss
CONNECT WITH BILLIE
- Instagram: @billie_jauss
- Twitter: @billiejauss
- Facebook: @billiejaussauthor
- Website: https://www.billiejauss.com
- Book: The Distraction Detox
- Book: Making Room: Doing Less So God Can Do More
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.