“Why me, God?”
Ever ask yourself that question?
It’s a fair question – especially if you’re facing a serious health event or life-threatening injury.
But imagine having to go through SIX of them.
That’s exactly what Andy Krajewski was faced with.
I thought I went through some heavy adversity at certain periods of my life…that was until I heard Andy’s story.
In today’s episode of the Coming Up Clutch with J.R.™ show, I sit down with Andy and have a real conversation about overcoming adversity.
This former pro golfer turned wealth advisor and entrepreneur will inspire you. Period.
In this latest episode, Andy and I talk about…
- Andy’s key lessons from overcoming six battles of extreme, life-altering adversity
- What Andy learned from his clutch moment as an amateur golfer that inspired him to beat the odds and have sustained success in life and business
- The two MUSTs when it comes to experiencing more wealth and less stress
…and so much more.
If you want to be better prepared for when your adversity strikes, then don’t miss today’s episode.
[00:01 – 23:25] Introducing Andy to the show
- Andy’s most embarrassing moment
- Andy’s detail of his life-altering events
- Andy’s background and professional journey
[23:26 – 29:45] Andy’s key lessons from overcoming six battles of extreme, life-altering adversity
- You have to know who you are. You have to know your identity and know where you’re going.
- You have to have faith. You have to believe in greater things than yourself.
- To keep the faith through extreme adversity, you have to search for the answers yourself – it’s YOUR faith journey, not anyone else’s.
[29:46 – 40:16] What Andy learned from his clutch moment that inspired him to beat the odds and have sustained success in life and business
- Backstory: Big golf tournament, gives his competitor a gimmie at 6 feet for par (he had a 12 foot putt for birdie)
- Andy’s mindset shift ===> “I’m going to beat him. I’m not going to let him beat himself.”
- Kept doing it to other competitors
- Went on the championship round against the best in the state
- Bled into Andy’s coaching of other athletes
- 15U Kids
- What do you want to accomplish? ⇒ Individual goals ⇒ Team Goal
- The mindset he passed down to the kids…
- We want to focus 100% on the task at hand…
- GIve all your god-given talents…
- Work as hard you can…
- You’re going to executive…
- You’re going to be in a mental state where you control what you can control…
- And it’s within that process that you’ll have your victory
- 17U Kids
- Pitcher wasn’t getting calls he thought he deserved. Andy helped the pitcher reframe to: “This umpire has chosen to make you a better pitcher” (The umpire is telling you that your good isn’t good enough and asking you to be great. You should be thanking him for squeezing you).
- Result: the culture of the team changed!
- It’s the little disciplines that will make the big things happen (i.e. in Andy’s first practice, he made everyone fold their clothes).
- 15U Kids
[40:17 – 46:59] The two MUSTs when it comes to experiencing more wealth and less stress
- Take a wholistic, process-based approach. Make decisions based on the interconnectedness of :
- Spirituality / values system
- Physical health
- Don’t buy into the media’s sensationalizing of the market
- If you buy into the process, you can eliminate the noise.
- If you don’t buy into the noise, you reduce your stress. When you reduce stress, science says you live longer. If you live longer, your portfolio will grow because in every market top, money pours in and in every market bottom, money gets pulled. The wholistic, process-based approach helps you keep your money in the game so you don’t hurt in the long term and give your portfolio the best chance to grow.
[47:00 – 51:19] What Andy suggests couples do when there’s a disconnect around money
- Have to separate emotion from logic
- Males and females have different ways of thinking about money – need to know how each other feels about money (one spouse may make a logical move, that may trigger emotions in the other spouse)
[51:20 – 56:22] Wrapping Up
- Andy’s BIG domino
- How to connect with Andy
“Don’t care about what the world thinks. Devote 100% to the process.” – Andy Krajewski
‘It’s the little disciplines that will make the big things happen.” – Andy Krajewski
“If you buy into the process, you can eliminate the noise.” – Andy Krajewski
CONNECT WITH ANDY
- Linkedin: /in/andrewkrajewski
- Instagram: @coach_ajk
- Facebook: @akrajewski2
- Website: https://arborfinancialservices.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!