Failing sucks. But we can’t have success without learning from it. In today’s episode, J.R. sits down with former 3rd overall pick in the 1998 NFL Draft, entrepreneur, and investor, Andre Wadsworth. You’ll have NO excuse to let failure overtake you after listening to Andre’s story and advice.
Andre was a 3rd overall pick out of Florida State after not receiving any D1 scholarship offers out of high school. Ironically, Andre chose FSU because of its business school, not football. He ended up walking on the football team and becoming one of the most accomplished student-athletes in FSU history and was enshrined into its Hall of Fame in 2004. In addition to being a remarkable athlete, Andre is a strong man of faith, father of four beautiful and talented daughters, entrepreneur, and investor.
Formerly, Andre was a minority owner of the AFL franchise, the Austin Wranglers, and co-owner of All Pro Imports Automotive Group. Today, he’s owner of several Creamistry ice cream locations, along with having an investment portfolio that includes several companies in the marketing and tech space. If that wasn’t enough, Andre is also the Executive Pastor of the Scottsdale-based church he founded, Impact Church Arizona.
[00:01 – 19:07] Introducing Andre to the Show
- Andre’s story and life as an athlete
- Recalling Andre’s clutch moments
[19:08 – 45:14] How To Overcome Major Failures And Hits To Your Ego
- Preparation meets opportunity
- How Andre’s life shifted after a career-ending injury
- Finding himself and purpose in Christ
- Surround yourself with the right people
- Why it pays to have a mentor
- Dealing with a divorce after 20 years of marriage
- Discovering individuality and preserving togetherness
[45:15 – 48:29] Wrapping Up!
- Andre’s BIG domino
- How to connect with Andre
“To be a big time player, you have to make big time plays.” – Andre Wadsworth
“You can’t let knockouts keep you knocked down.” – Andre Wadsworth
“You can only control what you can control. The rest is in God’s hands.” – Andre Wadsworth
“Everyone you encounter in your life has the ability to impact it. Treat everyone like they can.” – Andre Wadsworth
CONNECT WITH ANDRE
- LinkedIn: in/andre-wadsworth-6655128/
- Facebook: @andre.wadsworth.92
- Instagram: @andrewadsworth
- Twitter: @andrewadsworth
- Visit Impact Church Arizona: https://www.impactchurch.com/
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!