Busy is an excuse.
Took me 30+ years and a LOT of coaching to realize that.
For some reason, being busy has become a badge of honor.
In reality, it’s a right of passage…to BURNOUT.
The ultra-successful aren’t burned out…they’re bold when it comes to what goes on their calendar. It’s how they achieve BIG things.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I share a strategy that will help you get more of what you want done and eliminate all the BS causing chaos on your calendar…
So YOU can achieve BIG things.
CHAOS leads to CRISIS…
CONTROL leads to CLUTCH.
I know which one you prefer, so let’s get after it today.
Part 2 in my 4-Part Series on creating your Clutch Calendar has officially dropped.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:03 – 08:19] Opening Segment
- What my coach had me do that led to my life, career, and marriage turnaround
[08:20 – 16:49] What’s The Drill? Part 2 of the Clutch Calendar™ Design Process
- #1: Download my template, then grab two pieces of paper (or create two Google Docs. Whatever you prefer.).
- #2: On the one doc or piece of paper, create a list with four columns, labeled Sweet Spot, End Zone, Red Zone, No Zone. Put it to the side for a minute.
- #3: On the other doc or piece of paper, title it “My activities” and think through and write down all the activities you complete throughout your typical day and week.
- #4: With that list of activities in front of you, pick up Doc #1 (with your four columns containing the four Zones) and organize every activity you wrote down into one of the four Zones.
[16:50 – 18:20] Wrapping up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Your calendar is one of your primary sources of control and focus in life.” – J.R.
“Your focus and focused attention is a precursor to FLOW state.” – J.R.
“Let your days work for you instead of against you. ” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!