In today’s 5-Minute Drill, J.R. dives deeper on the mentorship topic he discussed with Monday’s Guest, Erik Averill. He shares an approach to mentors that has led to J.R. being mentored by some of the top experts in the world. LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 17:30] What’s The Drill?
- Part 1 – Get clarity on what role your prospective mentor’s playing in your life
- Write out EXACTLY the 3 to 5 roles and responsibilities that mentor is playing on your team.
- Write out these roles and responsibilities from the perspective of where you want to be 6 – 12 months from now.
- Part 2 – Build a Mentorship Curriculum
- Write out EXACTLY what you want to learn from this mentor, and, preferably, in the order you want to learn it.
- Do not overthink it. Keep it simple.
[17:31 – 18:56] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“If you hear a mentor candidate ask for something in return – FREAKIN RUN! Find someone else. It may take a little more effort and patience, but it will save you a lot of frustration and pain.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!