What do you do to make pursuing your biggest goals and dreams fun?
If you talk to the world’s best who are living and competing in flow, they’re having FUN.
We have competitive blood in us, so it’s even more important for people like us to make the pursuit of our goals and dreams a game.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I help you leverage all the benefits neuroscience tells us we get by gamifying your day-to-day.
If you want the pursuit of your biggest goals to be more fun, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 17:23] Opening Segment
- J.R.’s story about the power of Scorecards
- Why we need Scorecards in our life
[17:24 – 22:23] What’s The Drill?
With the Goals you’re after in front of you…
STEP 1: For each Goal, list all the activities you believe you’d need to do on a weekly basis that would lead to you accomplishing your Goal. These are the MUSTs for you to hit the goal.
- Some examples:
- WEIGHT LOSS: # of clean meals eaten
- STRENGTH: # of training sessions, # of hitting sessions, # of hours studying the mental game
- BETTER PLAYER: # of hours studying game film
- BETTER HUSBAND AND FATHER: # hours spent with family
- READING: # of hours spent reading
STEP 2: KEEP, KILL, COMBINE your list of measureables from Step 1.
- GOAL: Narrow your list down to 5 to 15 key activities that are going to move the needle towards your goals, and then track them weekly.
STEP 3: Set a goal for each of your activity-based measureables from Step 2.
STEP 4: Create an Excel Sheet or something to track your progress.
STEP 5: Schedule time to review your Scorecard WEEKLY and course-correct as needed
[22:24 – 23:53] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Chasing your goals and dreams doesn’t have to be hustle and grind 24-7.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!