How hard is it for you to sit on a decision?
You know you need to make it, but you just don’t know what to do.
It’s SOOOOO dang hard for me to be in this place, especially if it’s a BIG decision.
But I’ve learned that if I don’t have peace about a decision, that’s God telling me he doesn’t want me to make it…yet.
He wants me to WAIT.
But when do you go?
Because this is another thing I’ve learned…
If you start moving in the direction of where you’re NOT supposed to go, chances are you’ll get that uneasy gut feeling.
It’s the CRAZIEST thing I’ve ever experienced. But that’s when I know I’m hearing from God…that, “hey, man, hold up here.”
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I share my go-to strategy for when I’m just not sure what to do…it’s something you can use when you don’t have clarity and peace around a decision.
Just know this…
God doesn’t want you confused. He wants you CLEAR.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 09:25] Opening Segment
- Story about a friend who seemed to be missing something when making a decision
[09:26 – 15:25] What’s The Drill?
- Step 1 – Find a quiet place.
- Step 2 – Decide what you’re going to focus on.
- Step 3 – Put the clarity you’re seeking front and center, phrasing it as a question in the second-person and asking it out loud.
- Step 4 – Start your timer, close your eyes, connect with your body and breath. Then shift to your focal point.
- Step 5 – When the timer goes off, pause for a second.
- Got anything? Any more clarity? If yes, great.
- If not, plan another session during the day. And stay patient. WAIT FOR PEACE.
[15:26 – 17:37] Wrapping up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“We have to SLOW DOWN and disengage in order to activate our intuition more often.” – J.R.
“If you want to access the deepest parts of yourself, you’ll have to quiet your mind and get into your heart.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!