It’s amazing how many boundaries we put up in our relationships, especially with our spouse.
“This is my time…”
“This is my night with the guys…”
Or how about this one?…
“I don’t want to talk about it right now.”
It took me almost 15 years of marriage to realize that for every boundary I set, I have to create an accompanying space for my wife.
Not an easy task by any means.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I’m going to keep it real about one of the most overlooked topics when it comes to communication, especially in marriage and relationships.
If you want more peace, love, and joy in your relationship, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 08:48] Opening Segment
- J.R.’s backstory of creating boundaries and not enough space in his relationship
[08:49 – 11:02] What’s The Drill?
Take inventory of your relationship…
- STEP 1: What boundaries do you have in place?
- STEP 2: What boundaries do you need to have, but you’re not communicating?
- STEP 3: Considering your boundaries, how could you add more space for your spouse (or fiance or significant other) to communicate his/her needs, wants, or whatever is on their mind?
- STEP 4: Have a courageous conversation about your boundaries AND your reasons why you have them.
- STEP 5: In that same conversation, communicate how you’re going to intentionally create more space.
[11:03 – 12:17] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“If you have a boundary in your relationship, be prepared to create more space.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!