How often do you compare yourself to others?
The data shows that 10% percent of your thoughts involve comparisons of some kind.
Are your comparisons helping you or hurting you?
Yes, comparisons could help…but only in certain situations.
I dig deeper on this on today’s episode of the Coming Up Clutch with J.R.™ show.
If you want to make sure you’re staying away from the comparisons that hurt you and your goals, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 12:14] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a story about a painful lesson he learned from a business mistake
[12:15 – 19:11] What’s The Drill?
STEP 1: Ask yourself, “What does God think about me?” but go one step further…REMIND yourself constantly what God says about you (e.g. Bible reading and Scripture memorization).
STEP 2: Leverage the science and create some healthy competition in your life to trigger some motivation for you…find that person next to you in the same race.
- Identify who you admire or who inspires you that’s ONE step ahead. NOT 10 steps ahead…ONE step ahead.
- Once you have that person identified, dig for clues. What traits do they have that you admire?
- When you have the traits of this person listed out, dig deeper…ask yourself how those traits align with you and what God thinks of you? What can you do to leverage your strengths better?
STEP 3: Get a mentor, Accountability Partner, or Coach
STEP 4: Practice DAILY GRATITUDE. Make it a point to practice focusing DAILY on how far you’ve come in life rather than how far you haven’t been able to go.
BONUS STEP: Create an intentional social media consumption strategy.
[19:12 – 22:14] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Your social status won’t matter in the cemetery.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!