High-achievers execute. That’s what we do.
But are we consistently executing at the level of excellence that we’re capable of?
Emphasis on the word CONSISTENTLY.
If you’re honest with yourself, that answer is no.
But there’s a step BEFORE the execution that we must take in order to consistently execute with excellence.
That’s what I unpack in today’s 5 Minute Drill.
If you want to execute with excellence more often, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 7:16] Opening Segment
- J.R. gives some context around awareness and execution and shares the first ingredient of his Clutch Recipe™
[7:17 – 14:27] What’s The Drill?
STEP 1: Create awareness around your mind, soul/heart, and body by using the SCAN principle of J.R.’s Clutch Recipe™. Before you enter into your next thing (e.g. meeting, play, conversation, etc.), SCAN from top to bottom:
- Your mind – what am I thinking right now?
- Your heart – what am I feeling right now?
- Your body – how is my body responding right now?
STEP 2: with that awareness and data, RESPOND from bottom to top:
- Your body – what’s the ONE thing my body needs right now?
- Your heart – what is the primary feeling I’m after in this next thing I’m about to do?
- Your mind – what is the primary thought I want to bring into this next thing?
[14:28 – 17:00] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Be careful not to get so caught up with executing, that you’re clueless about what junk you’re bringing into the execution.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!