How much has your identity taken a beating? You know, from the…
Mistakes you’ve made…
Stories others have told about you…
Labels people have put on you since childhood (“he’s quiet,” “she’s shy,” “he’s too short”)…
What social media influencers say about people like you…
What your so-called fans and supporters say.
These ALL pose a threat to our identity – the very thing that influences our thoughts, beliefs, and actions. We all need to strengthen the wall around our identity. But how?
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I dig into the pillar of identity work that isn’t being talked about enough. It’s the pillar that, at the end of the day, is the one that holds up all the others…it’s the one behind your ultimate clarity, confidence, and contribution to this world in whatever roles you play.
If you want to fully protect YOUR identity and have more clarity, confidence, and meaningful contribution in your life, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Understanding the concept of identity and its pivotal role in determining your life’s purpose.
- The importance of self-discovery and introspection in identifying your life’s mission or calling.
- The symptoms and triggers of an identity crisis and how it impacts your life’s purpose.
- How a solid understanding of your identity can pave the way for a purposeful life.
- The significance of recognizing the first point on the Diamond of Identity™.
- The detrimental effects of depending on others’ opinions
“You are who God says you are. Not what someone else says about you.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.