How well do you respond to things not going as planned? Are you a blamer? Complainer? Rager?
Life’s detours are tough, but I’ve found pit stops to be even tougher. So what do you do in those seasons when you feel like your progress towards your purpose and goals is halted?…like you got out of life’s race and find yourself in an unplanned pit stop confused, frustrated, or even depressed?
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I’m kicking off a 4-part series on purpose pit stops. There’s a recurring theme I’m hearing from my clients and the guys in my Clutch Club that I feel needs to be addressed. If we don’t address it, any goal you set will be shallow. And that’s speaking from firsthand experience!
If you want a better approach to breaking through the pit stops in your life, then lock in to today’s Drill. You’ll get plenty of insights on resilience and how to step into a future that aligns with your values.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The underutilized source of power during periods of uncertainty and how it can provide you peace and clarity.
- Life lessons learned from interactions with renowned celebrities and executives.
- The benefits of seeing life’s pit stops as purposeful pauses rather than setbacks.
- Key insights from J.R.’s personal struggles with depression, disconnection from his values, and the eventual renewal of purpose and strength.
- Strategies for resilience and ways to unleash your best capabilities to create a better future.
- The importance of staying aligned with your values and maintaining a strong relationship with your family, especially even in challenging times.
“If you’re disappointed that God hasn’t brought you to where you want to be, he’s still the best source to help you get over your disappointment.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.