How easy is it for you to dwell on your lack of progress towards a goal? …then, next thing you know, you’re sucked into the vortex of negativity and all the symptoms that come with it.
We hear things like, “Embrace the suck” or “Honor your struggle,” but how the heck do you do that?
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I’m going to show you how. I won’t leave you hanging with a cute little phrase that a lot of people are saying, but aren’t really sure how to act on. Today, I continue my 4-part series on purpose pit stops. If you want a reliable way to find joy when you feel like you’re stuck, then lock in to today’s Drill.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why popular phrases like “Honor the Struggle” and “Embrace the Suck” fall short of helping you get through adversity.
- Why it’s less about honoring the struggle and more about honoring God in the struggle.
- Michael Liedke’s compelling research on what worship does to your brain and forward progress.
- The spiritual and psychological benefits of praising God in times of difficulty.
“It’s less about honoring the struggle and more about honoring God in the struggle.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you’re listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com and let them know we sent you.