You have a lot on your plate. I get it. Because I do, too. But what happens on those days when you wake up and suddenly become overwhelmed about everything that’s ahead of you? It’s a big reality in the life of a high achiever.
And when the overwhelm kicks in, you start talking to yourself. And in that moment, another reality comes to the surface. That is, one word could shift the trajectory of your day.
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I’m going to help you better approach your day when your plate is full. I want to help you more consistently set yourself up for a powerful day instead of positioning yourself for a setback.
If you want a more reliable way to tap into the best of you when a challenging day is ahead, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01- 08:20] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a personal story about when his plate was full and he was feeling overwhelmed
[08:21 – 11:07] What’s The Drill?
- STEP 1: In the morning, take your TO-DO list, and go down each item, and say, “You will ______ (fill in the blank with your to-do).” NOTE: If you’re not feeling motivated after saying that, follow up with the question, “What’s at stake if you don’t complete this task with excellence?”
- STEP 2: At the end of your day, take that same TO-DO list and create space for FEEDBACK. Go down each item and ask yourself, “Did you engage with this to-do or task with a HAVE TO mindset or I WILL mindset?” Be honest with yourself. If you were going through the motions and had more of a HAVE TO, what needs to change? Do you need to shift your attitude? Do you need more WHY behind the WHAT? Should you even be doing the task?
[11:08 – 13:04] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Play the game of life with your words, not your regrets.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review. We’d love it if you could drop a review or 5-star rating! Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests! Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app.