The ultra successful people I’ve worked with have a common key ingredient…
It’s called performance necessity.
How much of it do you have?
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I continue my 4-part series on goal-setting and share the six factors of performance necessity.
You’re going to want to make sure you have these working in your favor, especially if you’re after BIG goals.
If you want to multiply your momentum towards the best version of you and be known for accomplishing extraordinary goals, then lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 05:28] Opening Segment
- Quick Recap from last week’s Drill
[05:29 – 16:29] What’s The Drill?
STEP 1: Identify your Mission.
- Ask yourself: “What’s the ONE thing you can do someday (that’s in alignment with who you’re becoming), that when you accomplish it, you’ll be able to look back on your life and say with pride and meaning, ‘I made it’?”
- Leverage visualization.
STEP 2: Define your BHAG.
- With that MISSION in front of you, answer this question: “What’s the ONE thing you can do in 4-7 years to be on track to achieve your Mission?” In other words, what’s the ONE big goal, that if you were to accomplish it, your life and impact would be on another level?
STEP 3: Determine why it’s necessary for you to accomplish your BHAG.
- Write down all your reasons and motivations for accomplishing your BHAG.
[14:51 – 16:19] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“You CANNOT become extraordinary without a sense that it’s absolutely NECESSARY to excel.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!