In today’s 5-Minute Drill, J.R. will help you lean into and overcome your fears, specifically those WHAT IFs that are wreaking havoc in your career, relationships, and life. He’s going to teach you how to leverage a strategy and tool he uses over-and-over again with his clients – a strategy that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough in their lives and careers. LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 09:33] Confront Your Trauma
- Inspiring story of an 8-year old girl
- The power of your alter ego
- To knock your fear down, look it straight in the eye
[09:34 – 15:15] What’s The Drill?
- #1: Get out a piece of paper and make three columns. If you’d prefer using J.R.’s template, go to https://jamesreid.com/whatif
- Column 1 – WHAT IFs
- List all your WHAT IF scenarios causing anxiety and fear
- Column 2 – What’s the worst that could happen?
- Lean into and write down the worst things that could happen next to each one of your WHAT IFs
- Column 3 – How would the best, most courageous version respond?
- Write down how the best, most courageous version of you’d respond
- NOTE: if you’re not clear on what the best, most courageous version of you looks like, STOP. Take yourself through a visualization to get that clarity.
- Column 1 – WHAT IFs
- #2: Create your WHAT IF Vault.
- Create a Note, Google Doc, or Google Sheet – something you have access to 24-7. Enter in everything you wrote down from Step 1 above.
- As life happens and new WHAT IFs come to the surface, write them in Column 1 of your Vault, the take yourself through Columns 2 and 3. Rinse and repeat.
- #3: Constantly review each WHAT IF in your vault, the worst case scenario of it, AND how the best of you will respond.
[15:16 – 20:23] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“You can’t move past something you can’t see.” – J.R.
“If you really want to knock your fear down, you have to look it straight in the eye. That’s called awareness.”
“Awareness of fear is OK. Staring at it without any intention to move past it isn’t.” – J.R.
“You’re called to live with power. It’s already in you.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!