Did you know that personal stories and gossip make up 65% of our conversations?
Whether you like it or not, us humans think in narratives all day long – when we’re buying things, when we’re about to go into the office or get to the field, when we’re spending time with friends or family or our spouse.
We also get sucked in by other’s stories. They MOVE us – to action, to tears, to anger…
But, YOU have a story, too. Several of them, in fact…
You’ve overcome PLENTY in your life…
But how often are you tapping into YOUR stories to inspire you to action?
They’re free…you don’t have to pay a motivational speaker or buy an app to get access to this inspiration.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I’m going to show you how to leverage the power of story to expand your possibilities. This is a strategy my clients LOVE, especially when we do alter ego work.
It’s also been a powerful strategy for me. EXACTLY why I want to share it with you today.
If you want more inspiration and motivation in your life (for free!), then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 09:15] Opening Segment
- The predominant story that J.R. was telling himself during the hardest season of his life
[09:15 – 16:59] What’s The Drill?
- STEP 1: Pick a field of play you’re on. I encourage you to pick the FOP that you’re having the most resistance or stress on…where the negative stories you’re listening to are in abundance.
- STEP 2: Identify the negative, recurring story that you keep listening to that drives you nuts (because it’s the one holding you back).
- STEP 3: Come up with an Origin Story that pulls positivity from your past and identifies the possibilities of your future. The goal here is a story that inspires you.
[17:00 – 18:29] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“We’re so inspired by other people’s stories, why not be inspired by our own?” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!