How many times has something NOT gone your way, and then you just sit in frustration…
Thinking about what could’ve and should’ve been?
It’s a natural human tendency – our brains LOVE the negative.
But there’s a strategy that the world’s best use to help them get over the past and refocus for the present…
And it’s something EVERYONE has access to…
It’s called laughter.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I help you leverage it to bring out your best after those not-so-best outcomes you get.
If you want to recover more quickly after not getting your way, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 08:32] Opening Segment
- J.R.’s story about watching a MLB game with his son and the conversation that transpired after his son called out a player laughing after a bad call
[08:33 – 14:36] What’s The Drill?
STEP 1: WHAT IF (Awareness)
- Write down all the situations that could possibly cause you to go off-center or knock you off course
STEP 2: I’M GOING TO: Laugh and ________ (Strategy)
STEP 3: VISUALIZATION (Training)
- Visualize yourself laughing and executing your strategy.
- Anchor visualization to one of your routines (best in the AM)
[14:37 – 16:36] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Instead of putting your focus on the outcome you didn’t get, shift it to a strategy that’s more likely to bring out your gift.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!