Your emotions are the glue to make your habits stick.
Case in point: Two people are trying to lose 50 pounds:
#1 – just wants to lose 50 lbs for losing weight’s sake
#2 – knows that, if he doesn’t lose the weight, he won’t be able to play with his kids in a few years
I’ll put my money on the dude who has his kids on his mind every day on his weight loss journey…
Because he’s going to be emotionally driven to lose those 50 pounds.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I’m going to help you not only commit to an anxiety-preventing habit, but also emotionally connect to it…
Because I want this habit to STICK for you so you have LESS anxiety in your life.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 05:22] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a story about how he was living in a constant state of anxiety during the Champions Rise Challenge he co-founded and co-hosted during the height of the pandemic.
[05:23 – 12:10] What’s The Drill? Tackling the Anxiety Triad
- Pick ONE point in the Triad (unrealistic standards, perfectionism, or being “always on”). Then do the OPPOSITE of it. Here’s how…
- If you picked…
- Unrealistic standards or expectations – identify where your standards or expectations may be too high or unrealistic.
- Then ask yourself, “what’s more realistic? Considering where I’m at right now in life or in my game or in this relationship, what’s more realistic?”
- Pursue that expectation and only once you hit that, then raise your bar.
- Perfectionism – Identify where you’re being a perfectionist. Is it going 4 for 4 today because you had an 0-4 day yesterday? Is it nailing EVERY point with perfection on that presentation you have to make? Is it making sure everything goes as planned with your kids today?
- Once you identify where you’re being a perfectionist, determine how you’re going to give yourself some more grace. Then commit to that.
- Being ALWAYS ON – simply put, schedule yourself some breaks. It’s a necessary part of getting into flow and unlocking your best.
[12:11 – 14:09] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Your emotions are the glue to make your habits stick.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!