We can have all the clarity in the world, but if we don’t act on it, there’s no coming through…whether it’s in the clutch or not.
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I share the third ingredient in my Clutch Recipe™. It’s all about STRATEGY. Eventually, we have to shift from AWARENESS to EXECUTION if we want to come up clutch. Today’s ingredient is about taking the clarity you have on what to do, and forcing you to go, “Ok, now, how do I do it?”
If you want a reliable way to turn your clarity into consistent action, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 14:00] Opening Segment
- J.R. gives more context around execution and shares the third ingredient of his Clutch Recipe™
[14:01 – 18:20] What’s The Drill?
- STEP 1: Pick another transition you’re going to apply this to (or the same from last week, if you want)
- STEP 2: When you’re about to transition into your next moment (or role of the day), you’re going to MANAGE your mind, heart, and body, leveraging the Scan and Respond system (Ingredient #1 in the Clutch Recipe™).
- STEP 3: CLARIFY who you are, where you are, what you need, and why you need it (Ingredient #2 in the Clutch Recipe™).
- STEP 4: STRATEGIZE your next move.
- SAY what you’re going to do TO YOURSELF, OUT LOUD. Then…
- SEE IT happening. Take a few seconds to see yourself doing what you said you’re going to do. You can do this with your eyes open or closed, although J.R. prefers closed whenever possible to limit distractions.
[18:21 – 20:37] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Clutch doesn’t STOP with clarity…it STARTS with it.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!