What would happen to your car’s transmission if you continually went from driving in reverse to punching it in drive?
KIDS: Don’t try this at home. =)
Problem is, too many people are doing this with their mindset and it’s burning them out.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I’m going to help you put neutral thinking into practice.
If you have no clue what I’m talking about, then you REALLY need to listen to today’s episode.
Getting neutral is all about preparing to move forward towards your NEXT in an objective, rational way.
If you want a more consistent, reliable way to overcome temporary roadblocks, challenges, or spirals of negative thinking, then lock in on today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 09:35] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a story about how he responded to a situation where he wasn’t as prepared as he normally would be
[09:36 – 13:10] What’s The Drill?
- Step 1: Take a minute to identify an area of your life that you tend to struggle with negative thoughts
- Step 2: Write out those negative thoughts?
- Step 3: How will you get neutral? Create a menu.
- TIP: have at least some sort of physiological response
- Step 4: Put your ideas for neutral action in a 24-7 accessible vault
[13:11 – 15:20] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“You can’t think your way out of a problem, but you can act your way out of one.” – J.R.
“Just like a car, you have to go through neutral before you get to drive forward.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!