In this week’s 5-Minute Drill, J.R. dives deep into how to handle those seasons where you’re emotionally disconnected with your significant other and constantly in a state of tension. J.R. shares the strategy he used to overcome over three years of emotional disconnection and poor communication with his wife, leading to the biggest turnaround of his life and career. If you want to protect your relationship from emotional disconnection and out-of-control tension, this is the episode for you. LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 06:59] Overcoming the Disconnect in Your Relationship
- Taking responsibility for your junk
- Being intentional about your communication with your partner
- Anchoring actions to daily routines
[07:00 – 09:45] What’s the Drill?
- Step 1: Recall the last “bomb” your partner dropped on you
- Ask yourself what you did that led to the situation
- Take responsibility for it
- Step 2: OWN your issue
- Take a baby step toward resolving it
- Perspective shift: Our healing and recovery depends on the level of CLARITY we have about what we can do to accelerate the healing and recovery process
- Quit leaving your relationship to chance
[09:26 – 11:21] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Relationships are life management. We can’t get life right if we’re getting relationships wrong.” – J.R. (quoting Dr. Dharius Daniels)
“Seeking CLARITY is a high performance habit. But, you have to SEEK it. It doesn’t just drop on your lap.” -J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!