When I audit the seasons of my life where I enjoyed frequent success, one theme keeps sticking out…
I was open to learning new things…
New ways to approach problems…
New techniques to optimize my performance in every role I played.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I share a powerful stress relief technique I learned in one of my winning seasons. It’s become part of my daily stress management practice, and a technique that I’ve trained my clients to use.
So, if you’re open to learning more about a technique that athletes, executives, and world-renowned leaders like Tony Robbins use to overcome stressful situations and seasons, then lock in to today’s drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 10:24] Opening Segment
- Story about how J.R. approached an athlete client who had the “yips”
- Science behind Emotional Freedom Technique
[10:25 – 18:40] What’s The Drill?
- Step 1 – Download PDF of parts of the body you’ll tap. Click here to download tapping points from Warburton’s Winning System™.
- Step 2 – Determine your positive performance phrase you want to lock in while tapping.
- Step 3 – Enhance your tapping experience
- Visualize during your tapping session.
- Breathe properly during this exercise. In through the nose and out through the nose, engaging your BELLY and diaphragm, NOT your chest. Proper breathing is HORIZONTAL breathing, NOT vertical breathing.
- Finish the exercise saying your positive performance phrase OUT LOUD – there’s power when you hear your own voice saying this out loud.
- Step 4 – Tap
- Step 5 – Check in with yourself
- How are you feeling?
- Do you FEEL that positive performance phrase coming alive?
- Do you need to take yourself through another round?
[18:41 – 21:51] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“If you’re not open to consistently learning, you’re closed to consistently winning.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!