Growing up, I constantly heard, “Respect your elders,” “Honor your father and mother.” But no one ever told me why. It was just this rule I was expected to follow. But now that I’ve unpacked the benefits that come with dishing out a steady diet of respect and honor, I’d be a complete idiot to not go out of my way to give them where they’re due.
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I’m going to show you how honor and respect plays into your overall well-being, mindset, and ultimate performance.
If you want stronger relationships, which lead to better health, a strong mind, and better sleep, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 09:59] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a personal story of the power of giving honor to the people you care about
[10:00 – 11:37] What’s The Drill?
- STEP 1:Think about the people in your life, especially the people closest to you.
- STEP 2: Who in your circle deserves more honor and respect from you?
- STEP 3: How are you going to be more intentional about giving them it?
[11:38 – 13:32] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“Your relationships are only as deep as the respect and honor within them.” – J.R.
LEGACY LETTER CHALLENGE RESOURCES
- Great Dad Challenge with NFL Greats: https://www.greatdadchallenge.com/nfl
- Legacy Letter Challenge: https://www.legacyletterchallenge.com
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!