Seven years ago, I sat next to a stranger who decided to put his arm around me, tell me it was not too late to turn things around, and offer to help. From that moment on, I feel like I had permission to lean into the changes I knew I needed to make.
We need more of that light in today’s world. YOU are that light.
In today’s 5 Minute Drill, I’m going to help you shine your light brighter. And by the way – research tells us that supporting others comes with a ton of health benefits for you. WIN-WIN.
If you want more brightness and joy IN and AROUND you, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01- 06:43] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a personal story about his mom and how she gave support generosity
[06:44 – 08:30] What’s The Drill?
- STEP 1: Look in the mirror or pause for a moment and answer the question, “Who do you need to support better in this season?” Another way you can ask this, “Who needs more support from you in this season?” Once you have your answer, move to STEP 2.
- STEP 2: Considering your answer in STEP 1, what are you going to do about it? Identify the first step you’re going to take to offer that support. Is it a phone call? Is it taking the person out to lunch? Is it sending them a text and asking them what they need? This doesn’t have to be a big step, just “A” step.
[08:31 – 10:10] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“You shining your light through support and kindness may just be the light someone else needs to get out of their darkness.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
- Check out The Clutch Club™️: jamesreid.com/club (For Men Only)
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!