Have you ever noticed after you bought something, you start seeing more of it in your day-to-day life?
This happened EVERY time I bought a car.
Before buying the car, I’d see the thing every once in a while. But after I bought it, I’d start seeing the car EVERYWHERE.
But – this didn’t stop with cars.
Shoes…workout gear…shoot, even patio furniture.
Turns out, brain science can explain it. Most relevant to you, this phenomena can dictate whether you find more positivity or negativity in your day-to-day life.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I share a fun little strategy that will not only condition your brain in positive ways, but also improve your relationships.
Yep, you’re getting a 2-for-1 today! You’re welcome.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 05:27] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a story about how he was overcome by negativity with something as simple as a phone call.
[05:28 – 10:53] What’s The Drill?
- Step 1 – Pick one person, or one situation, etc. that typically draws up negative thoughts or feelings
- Confrontational teammate or co-worker
- Something your kid keeps doing
- Your spouse
- The news/social media
- Step 2 – Determine the good you want to focus on about them.
- Choose a positive word
- In the case of something like the news or social, instead of just scanning, scan for POSITIVE stories.
- Step 3 – Use whatever you choose as the trigger to your focal point.
[10:54 – 12:33] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“If you search for negativity, you’ll find it. If you search for positivity, you’ll find it.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!