J.R. gets into the topic of momentum in this week’s 5-Minute Drill. Too many talented athletes and executives struggle in their day-to-day life because they’re overwhelmed by big goals or big projects. The root cause: the 0 to 100 mentality. Because of it, high achievers are drowning in overwhelm and frustration. J.R. is going to help you apply what Monday’s Guest, Dr. Patrick Bisher, calls the 1% Mentality. If you lock in to today’s Drill, it will prevent YOU from going down the overwhelm spiral. LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 13:55] What’s the Drill?
- Step 1: Give yourself some grace. If there’s an area of your life where you’re not making progress, forgive yourself.
- Step 2: Engage the best, future version of you. Get in a place where you can close your eyes, engage with your body and breath, and visualize you having a conversation over coffee, or dinner, with that version of you.
- Tell him how you feel about your lack of progress. Then ask him, “Hey, what should be my goal right now?” What’s his answer?
- Step 3: Ask that version of you, “What’s the next best step I can take towards achieving this, no matter how small it is?”
- Heads up! Don’t make the mistake that many people do…that is, overanalyzing the next step.
- Step 4: Come out of the visualization and get to work!
[13:56 – 15:41] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“If you REALLY want your success to stick, stop focusing on the big play and start focusing on forward progress.” – J.R.
“The progress you make is dependent on the next best step you take.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!