Ever catch yourself motivated or energized after watching an inspirational movie or hearing about someone who pulled off an amazing feat?
It’s because, more likely than not, that person has the same values and traits that you have at your core. Their accomplishment went directly to your heart.
Let’s do something about that – so you’re the one people are watching for inspiration.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I continue my 3-part series on helping you not only clarify your core values, but also leverage them daily to unlock your highest capabilities and achieve the levels of success you deserve.
If you want ridiculous clarity on what makes you tick, then make sure to lock in to today’s Drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 05:36] Opening Segment
- Recapping last week’s Drill
- Patrick Lencioni’s Values Traps
[05:37 – 11:09] What’s The Drill? Part 2 of Clutch Values™ Series (Keep, Kill, or Combine)
- STEP 1: Starting from the top of your lists from last week, circle the qualities you listed next to all your names that seem to resemble YOU at your core.
- STEP 2: Go through your circled list, starting from the top. With the goal of narrowing those qualities down to 10-15, which ones seem to be the ones that CLOSELY describe YOU? Star them.
- STEP 3: Go through those ones you starred, starting from the top. With the goal of narrowing those qualities down to 3-7, which ones seem to be the ones that MOST describe YOU? Double star them.
NOTE: if you’re having trouble narrowing these down to 3 to 7, the question to ask yourself: could anyone of these be combined with each other? In other words, do any of these closely resemble each other?
Once you have your 3 to 7, you’ll remove or kill the ones that don’t have a double star next to them.
Part 3 of the Clutch Values™ Series continues next week!
[11:10 – 12:19] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“When there’s story, memory, and emotion attached to your values, they come alive for you!” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!