“We’re never going to pay my school loans off”
“So much for financial independence by age 40”
“There’s no way we’re going to pay the bills next month.”
And on and on it went.
At one season of my life, these were my beliefs.
And guess how life and our finances went in that season?
Yep, you guessed it…
Our situation kept getting worse.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I dig deeper on what Monday’s Guest, Mike Fumagalli, said about turning blue thoughts into true thoughts…
Because after 10,000+ hours of getting coached, digging deep in learning, and getting in the trenches to turn my life, mental game, and performance around, I’ve learned that our beliefs…YOUR beliefs…
They shape your reality.
As Michael Hyatt shared with me, we tend to experience what we expect.
If you want a simple strategy to stop your negative thoughts from holding you back, then lock in to today’s drill.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 11:39] Opening Segment
- J.R. shares a story about when he was in a spiral of negative thinking around money
[11:40 – 17:35] What’s The Drill?
- Step 1 – Prep your materials. Get a piece of paper and pen, as well as your favorite place where you store docs accessible 24-7 – phone note, Evernote, Google Doc, etc.
- On that piece of paper, at the top write: TRUST THE TRUTH, then fold it in half.
- On top of the left column, write: BELIEFS TO BLOCK.
- On top of the right column, write: TRUTHS TO TRUST.
- In that 24-7 accessible note, title it TRUST BANK™.
- Step 2 – In that left column, write down all the negative thoughts either circling through your head or the common ones that come up regularly for you.
- Step 3 – Once you have all your negative thoughts written down in the left column, match each one of them up in the right column with the TRUTH.
- Step 4 – Transfer your TRUTHS list into your Trust Bank. Review your TRUST BANK™ daily!
[17:36 – 19:01] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“If you just have ONE belief that’s coming to mind and you’ve turned that into a TRUTH…and there’s only ONE truth in your Trust Bank, you’ve won.” – J.R.
“The truth is, we all have some degree of power…you have the power to honestly evaluate where you’re at any given moment.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!
LISTEN to previous episodes on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google or whatever podcast platform you prefer!