I had it backwards for so many years…
Told myself, “Hey, man…when you ‘make it’…when you’re successful, THEN you can take care of your family.”
Boy was I wrong.
Now that I know the truth, I’ve decided to call this the Runner-Up Mindset…
Because as long as you have it, you’ll never achieve what you want and experience the fulfillment you deserve.
In today’s 5-Minute Drill, I share a simple 3-step check-in strategy I use when I feel like I’m not giving the people I love and care about the attention they deserve.
Bottom line, when they’re not getting the attention they deserve from me, not only are they off, I’m off.
Talk about a performance killer.
If you want to get the most out of your relationships WHILE getting the most out of your talent, then don’t miss out on this lesson I had to learn the hard way.
LET’S GET IT!
[00:01 – 11:15] Opening Segment
- J.R. circles back to a key topic he discussed with Special Guest, Chris White, on Monday
- J.R. shares a story about him going through a season that was detrimental to his most important relationships
[11:16 – 16:29] What’s The Drill?
- When you first wake up, take five minutes to answer the following questions:
- WHO do you need to pay more attention to today?
- HOW can you give them more attention?
- WHAT do you need to resolve about YOU that is getting in the way of you executing that?
[13:23 – 14:51] Wrapping Up!
- What’s coming up on the next episode
- Final words
“When your work and career are more important than your wife, you end up living a life full of pain and strife.” – J.R.
“When my most important relationships are right, then my career can take flight.” – J.R.
“Winning starts at home.” – J.R.
CONNECT WITH J.R.
- Facebook: @jamesJRreid
- Instagram: @jamesjrreid
- LinkedIn: in/jamesjrreid/
- Twitter: @jamesJRreid
- Website: jamesreid.com
RATE & REVIEW this episode on Apple: https://jamesreid.com/review
SHARE this episode with someone who wants to be challenged, pushed, and positioned to come up clutch more often.
SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any new episodes and Special Guests!